Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is "4" My Lucky Number?


Will the numbers line up for me on February 4, 2011, the tentative date for my kidney transplant?

This will be my fourth transplant, the transplant is scheduled for the fourth of February, I am 44 years old and if you add the numbers 2011 (2+0+1+1), you get 4!  I have never been into numerology, but right now it sounds attractive!

I have a pretty hectic schedule between now and the 4th.  I will have to receive five plasmapheresis sessions. This involves my blood going through a machine different than a dialysis one.  It spins my blood.  The red blood cells go to the bottom and the plasma goes to the top.  The plasma is then sucked off and is replaced with plasma without antibodies.  The process takes about two hours.

My sister and I have to spend this Tuesday in pre-op and next week I have to receive another treatment of IVIG and a six-hour infusion of a drug called Retuxin.  I still do my dialysis treatments three times a week.  Luckily, the treatments do not cause any discomfort and I have been able to complete almost every level of “Angry Birds”!  When else would I have this much time sitting in one place?

Receiving Plasmapheresis
Leading up to February 4th, I guess I will be busy!  I spend almost every day at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center.  I am getting quite acquainted to the area around the hospital.

Having been through this schedule before, I am hoping this will be my chance to move past this crisis.  I like the numbers.  Cyndi (my donor) is my fourth sister too.

When the numbers line up, I am told, we get a special energy.  Everything works in sync.  “…when these numbers line up, the energy created by those numbers offers you this state of flow.”

The most important thing when the surgeon connects the blood vessels up to the donated kidney is for blood to flow through the kidney and turn pink.  This is supposed to happen immediately (ideally) and then it starts to produce urine.

A couple of days before the tentative transplant date, they will perform a final cross-match to determine if my body is ready for the transplant.  I sure hope it is not delayed again! The anticipation of whether February 4th will be my date can be unnerving at times, but I guess I should follow the numerology and go with the flow!  

8 comments:

  1. Fingers and toes crossed - hoping everything aligns and you're on schedule! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Lori. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are always in my thoughts..i pray it's a go for the 4th!
    Sending you a big hug....one from Zoka too!
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear about your progress in Angry Birds! (Oh, and good luck with this kidney thing as well.) ;)

    Love - Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard you are getting your transplant! Diana has been keeping me up to date as I haven't been online so much and I am glad to hear the news! A lot of people are praying for you on various sites for a speedy recovery and no more dialysis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is hoping everything is a go! You have been a much needed voice in all this.

    Chris Schwab

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you posted an update on FB that I don't know about, because I'm dying to know how it went.

    Take care, and here's to a Happy, Joyous Kidney that fully enjoys his/her new home.

    Stacy
    StacyWithoutAnE.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete