Thursday, June 30, 2011

Celebrate Freedom

This 4th of July I will be celebrating the freedom we enjoy in this country of making decisions where we go, what we want to do for a living and what we choose to wear.  This is the short list of the freedoms we enjoy. 

I will also be celebrating my 5 month anniversary for my 4th kidney transplant and freedom brings on new meaning when you do not have to rely on a dialysis machine to live.  On February 4th of this year, I was able to declare independence from a dialysis machine thanks to my step-sister Cyndi's gift of one of her kidneys. 

Every day, a person's kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to sift out about 2 quarts of waste products.  So, I ask that you celebrate your kidneys and salute these highly effective filters that allow freedom from the build of toxins in the bloodstream. 

2 comments: